Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

*Fourth of July*







(From top to bottom: Cole and I dirt biking. Dad and Brad grilling for the BBQ. Sisters before the pool party. Boating with the Milne's.)



INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. Every year is a little different, but I always end up having so much fun. Unlike other highly anticipated holidays, the fourth always just creeps up on me and out of the blue is some of the most fun memories I have.

This year my celebration began on the 3rd in Logan. I got an early morning invite to go boating with Kyle's family at Hyrum Dam. I tubed, wakeboarded and napped on the beach - not getting too fried, but just sunburned enough to have a nice tan today. After boating I headed to Emma's house for her family BBQ. We feasted and had some really great food. We ended the night on the trampoline, watching the fireworks from the stadium. It was well worth staying in Logan for them. It took me 20 minutes to get the 3 miles from Emma's to my house because the fireworks are so popular.

I got up bright and early on Saturday morning so I could make it to Utah Valley in time for the annual 4th of July neighborhood breakfast. I was just in time for the second feast of the weekend. After breakfast, I headed home and took some time to rest from the drive. Family and friends started showing up at about 1 for the Hill Family BBQ. We had nearly 40 people over to swim, play games, conversate and eat. Brad grilled his delicious teryaki chicken, we had burgers, brats, potatoe salad, bean dip, chips, homemade rootbeer, homemade ice cream with fresh raspberries and pies.

After a nice swim and a great BBQ, I headed up to Oakley for the Rodeo. People who rodeo are a whole different breed, but so entertaining. I stayed at Cole's cabin about 15 miles above Oakley. We slept out on the deck and when the sun came up in the morning, it took my breath away. After breakfast we took the dirt bike out and farther up Weber Canyon. It was beautiful and relaxing. Then we romped around on NFS land. I love being up in the mountains - it was a great way to end my vacation.

This afternoon I drive Kalli and our cousin Kayleigh up to Logan for EFY. It should be an entertaining car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment