
While I was (again) unemployed during the month of November, I started to love to grocery shop and to cook. I started with things I already knew how to make; stroganoff, tacos, and enchiladas. Then, as I got better at those things I wanted more of a challenge.
Did you know that the library is a great place to find cookbooks?
For Christmas I got a fantastic new set of pots and pans (see picture). I haven't had a lot of time to cook since school started, but I still will do something here and there. In the past couple weeks I have made homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs, broccoli sauce with linguine (not very good), oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, sushi, mashed potatoes (Tyler made them and I supervised), and Chicken Curry. This past Sunday I roasted my first turkey!
Needless to say, I'm proud of myself for just going for it. I like to cook, it's fun and I learn a lot. Photos of gourmet meals to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment