Elections
and all that comes along with it
and all that comes along with it
February 2010
Associated Students of
Utah State University
Associated Students of
Utah State University
So, back in February I ran for the Senator of the College of Education and Human Services. I turned in my intent to run, and no one else had. I was running unopposed. I was really nervous that someone might come out of the woodwork and take it right out from under my nose, but I made it successfully through primaries and final elections.
The Academic Senate is composed of representatives from each college at USU. There are 8 voting members, a senator president, Grad student representative and admin assistant. Our duties include being a liaison between the students and the administration and writing and enacting legislation. So far, in the first two weeks after we were inaugurated, we have had legislations proposed and failed, met with the president of the university, given out scantrons for students during finals, chosen house rules for our senate and appointed councils. Its been busy so far - probably a sneak peek of what is going to happen next year.
The Academic Senate is composed of representatives from each college at USU. There are 8 voting members, a senator president, Grad student representative and admin assistant. Our duties include being a liaison between the students and the administration and writing and enacting legislation. So far, in the first two weeks after we were inaugurated, we have had legislations proposed and failed, met with the president of the university, given out scantrons for students during finals, chosen house rules for our senate and appointed councils. Its been busy so far - probably a sneak peek of what is going to happen next year.
I'm excited to serve with the Academic Senate, to meet and network in addition to making USU better than when I found it. It will be busy and stressful, but hey, I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment