"With all thy getting, get understanding" Proverbs 4:7
This week has felt like the longest week of my life. I started studying for finals last Thursday and haven't stopped until today, although today is the most crucial. I took my ENVS final Tuesday morning, this morning I had ecology and tomorrow will be the final two. I should be studying for the Sociology of Race Class and Gender and the Asian American literature tests, but I need a break so here I am blogging.
I have enjoyed my classes this semester, but I think from now on I'm going to take it easy and do 12 credit semesters. ENVS 4130 has probably been the most challenging class I've taken in college. It was in combination with a graduate level class and the curriculum was intense. I wrote a 15 page research paper about Clean Energy Use in National Parks according to the Energy SmartPARKS Memorandum of Understanding. I put a lot of time and energy into the paper and it was well worth it - I managed a B+ grade. Now, I have to wait for the final grade.
Asian American Literature was a class I never expected to enjoy, and although the reading load was extreme, the curriculum was facinating. We talked about the dominant discource of communities, stereotypes of Asian Americans and what it means to be American. There was a lot of discussion about it, and no matter what was said, I'm proud to be an American.
My other classes were decent, but nothing to write home about. I'm just excited for the summer to be here, when I all have to worry about is going to my job (when it's found) and being with my friends. Here's to finishing the semester with a bang!!
yay for blogging! add me www.ashleyeliza.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteand
www.ashleyelizaphotographyandevents.blogspot.com
LOVEY YOU!!!