Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Highlights

Summer 2010 Highlights

I've been too busy playing to post on my blog, but here are some highlight from Summer 10!!


My birthday (May 10) rolled around. I got this (up) awesome sleeping bag. It's warm enough down to 15* F. I enjoyed a brunch on Mother's day at my parents. Then I had a french toast bar with my friends the next day. I took work off and just kind of hung out, took a nap and bought some new clothes. Then Cole and I cooked a delicious dinner of Lemon Herb Salmon, Asparagus Risotto and Spinach Strawberry and Feta Salad. Delicious (pictured below). He surprised me with a night at a Bed and Breakfast in Providence. I was blindfolded and he drove me around and we ate in our room. It was so fun and I had no idea it was coming. A top birthday!





My little sister graduated high school in the beginning of June. We went to dinner with the family. It was kind of bittersweet to see that she is growing up, but I'm proud and excited for her! For her grad gift I filled a garbage can with 'college stuff' that you don't realize you need until you move out - scissors, dishrags, paper towels and cleaning supplies, etc. She will be a successful individual, I'm excited to see where life takes her.


Our first Logan Canyon hike was the Crimson Trail. This is the view from the top. Beautiful and green isn't it?

I also got glasses this summer. I'm nearsighted, just slightly, but they definitely make a difference.
We went to Cole's family cabin sometime in June and tried to do this hike. We got to here (below) and couldn't cross the rushing river. We're going to try it again this weekend.

We got invited to kayak (sea kayak, that is) around the Mendon Marshes. We paddled around on a beautiful Sunday morning. The Wellsvilles are in the background, they are very majestic.

Wellsvilles!
My parents decided to come to Logan for a day. It was blowing and raining and we hiked anyway! We took to Logan Canyon up to Jardine Juniper - a 2000 year old tree.

Cole and I wrapped up at the tree; yeah, we're cool.

One weekend we took off up the same Woodcamp trail (as Jardine Juniper) and veered off into the Naomi Wilderness, headed to Cottonwood Canyon with our backpacks. Our friends Katie and Brad came along and we hiked around, and set up camp and spent a night next to a roaring spring stream. It was another beautiful place to enjoy.

Brad invited us to go to one of the many caves in Logan Canyon. It was hard for me, but luckily there were a lot of open rooms, just small passages. I won't say I conquered my fear, but I did something that was challenging. We are at the top of the cave, the black hole behind us is the entrance. It was pretty cool in there, I'll admit.

Other cool stuff that we've done but I either forgot my camera or didn't take pictures include going and hanging out a the Cabin for a few weekends where we ride motorcycles and have shenanigans. We spend the fourth of July at my parents house for the annual barbeque and swimming party. Then we headed out to the Snake River in Wyoming to run it for a few days. We camped in Alpine, WY and enjoyed some good food and a lot of fun! We have also started investing $15 every other week in a Co-op. We pay our money on Monday and then pick up a laundry basket full of fruits and veggies on Saturday morning. It's the best deal I've seen for produce. We also attended the Utah Arts Festival in SLC, we listened to poets, music and saw some cool art and watched some independent films. We've gone for bike rides and walks. We've cooked some delicious dinners together and learned a lot in the kitchen.


So, thats the basic run down - aren't you jealous of all these great adventures?!

1 comment:

  1. lee lee! so glad you had a fabo summer. I cannot belive its over. and yes, i am super jealous. you always are going on fun adventures. i need to come visit :) miss you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete