Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

South Pacific Study Abroad; New Zealand


So, As you should know (if you face-stalk me, anyway) I spent a week in New Zealand this summer and two weeks in Fiji (blogs which are going to come in the future). It's a beautiful place, green and wet and cold, at least in the winter. I flew into Auckland and met the family + 25 BYU study abroad students and we took off to tour bits and pieces of the North Island. We visited Auckland, the Hamilton LDS Temple, went to Waitomo to go Black Water Rafting, explored Rotorua, went to church, luged, did a free fall simulator, hiked to a beautiful waterfall, ate fish and chips, bought poly propylene underwear, ate a lot of cheese, chocolate and ice cream (they have AMAZING dairy products), and did a lot of driving. Here are some pics of the trip - they are in no-way in any kind of order :(.


My sisters, Kalli and Mariah, and I at the end of the waterfall hike.



A fern - a country symbol.


At the end of the Black Water Rafting Route



A cold, wintry, New Zealand morning



Mariah and I at the Auckland airport - long travel for us.



My family at the end of the waterfall hike


After the freefall simulator - Dad, Mariah and I looking a bit... wind blown.



Me 'free-falling'. It's hot, I know.



Getting ready to free-fall. It's like a giant trampoline.



My mom and I at the thermal hot spots on the lake in Rotorua.



Lugeing in Rotorua. Last time I was here I ate it hard core on the track. All was well this time around!


After the Luge - sisters, mom and I.



Post luge. My mom and I on the Gondola.


No comments:

Post a Comment