Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Canyoneering; Mystery Canyon and Teton Backpacking


Canyoneering at Mystery Canyon
Zion National Park

My dad invited Cole and I to go canyoneering with him one weekend. So, we took off of school and headed south. We camped on the ground on BLM land, started early to the canyon with an hour drive and an hour hike and then down climbed for another mile. The canyon had beautiful trees, and walls. We hiked and did rappel after rappel. It was so cool. The second to last rappel was down a canyon wall with hanging gardens. It was so beautiful. The last rappel ended in the narrows, so we looked like rock stars to all the hikers below! If you ever get a chance to do Mystery - take it. Its the coolest canyon I've been in!


Cole and I at the top of the Canyon



Final Rappel into the Narrows



Here we are after our Rockstar Rappel! Cole, Leezanna, Dad, Clive and Mark



Teton Backpacking
Grand Teton National Park

Over Labor Day weekend Cole and I drove northward to Grand Teton to do a backpacking trip in Death Canyon and on the shelf. Unfortunately I got sick and so we left a little earlier than planned, but it was beautiful and a great place to go for the weekend.

Cole and I hiking through the mountains



In our matching Poly Propes in the tent


Tetons in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment