Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utah State University GRADUATION 2011

I did it! After 4.5 years of classes, and 5 years in Logan, I made it to Graduation day!






My family came up on Friday night for a potluck party and some dangly ball with Megan and Claire and their families.




I donated to the senior class gift in honor of Patty Halaufia. I wouldn't have made it without her.



The next morning I headed up to campus to do the walk from the quad to the Spectrum with thousands of other graduates.


We lined up with our colleges (and our friends) and marched in. Just like high school graduation, I couldn't stop smiling. In between I got the cliché graduation photos with the family, and Tyler and Kyle took me to lunch at The Owl. Then it was onto the real ceremony for the College of Education and Human Services. Grandma Hill gave me a beautiful lei that was USU colors. It helped them pick me out in the crowd. We lined up in our departments and marched in one last time.

Shaking hands with Dennis Dolny, my department head. I surprised the Dean with a hug.






Afterward the family headed to Maddox, a family favorite, to celebrate!



I couldn't have had a better celebration. I also couldn't have made it without my parents. They were supporting from first day to last day and helped me through some tough times. Chi Omega was essential to my college career and I'm grateful to have met those amazing women. Kyle, Tyler and Emma were some of the best friends I could have asked for in college and I'm thankful for their friendship. Again, Patty Halaufia was essential to my success at USU and I am honored to call her a friend. THANK YOU FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment