So this was my final trip for my internship with the USU Outdoor Recreation Program. I think it was more successful than the first trip, and they definitely liked my food better this time ;)
So, I started out the 'trip' the night before we left by opening nearly 50 cans of beans, tomato sauce and tuna for chili and sandwiches during the trip. My hand was in so much pain, but the end result was great - they loved it!
Here is a pot full of chili - that isn't even all of it.
We drove to Teton Village the first day and took the tram to the tip-top of the mountain. It was beautiful. We then proceeded to the Gros Ventre campground in Teton NP and stayed the night.
The next day we met up with an organization called Tree Fight (http://www.treefight.org/) who are striving to save the White Pine from the beetles that have killed millions of trees across the US. We looked at some trees, took core samples and did a hike to the top of a mountain to check out the damage that the beetles had done.
That night we drove ALL the way through Yellowstone, but first made this stop at the Yellowstone river lookout. The sun was setting and the pictures and the view were incredible. We made it to our Hotel in Gardiner, MT and got to sleep in a quiet room with beds and showers.
The next day we went through Yellowstone to check out some geysers and the animals etc. I didn't take many pictures because there really wasn't much time and the students had the picture department covered! The trip was a success, but I was exhausted afterward.
I also was able to wrap up my internship and finish my portfolio and turn it in, just in time to get my A- grade posted and to finally be finished with my undergrad!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment