Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break: Coyote Gulch

For fall break we headed down I-15, through Dixie National Forest and into Glen Canyon National Recreation area, off onto a 40 mile dirt road and down into this canyon (pictured below) called Coyote Gulch. My dad planned this ~10 mile round trip backpacking adventure for 11 people. We caravaned down there, and took in the beauty of the national forest changing colors. We started at the top of the canyon at about 3 pm, where we rappelled our packs down and squished through the crack (also featured below).
Crack in the wall, appropriately named


Cole and I walked down from our first campsite to the confluence of the Escalante River. It was fun because there was quick sand/mud all the way through the canyon.


Cole and I at a waterfall on our way through the canyon

This is a natural bridge (in front of us) that we hiked right through. I know, isn't this picture just so romantic?
I recommend going on this trip - just make sure to take two four wheel drive vehicles to shuttle and to pull the other out if you get stuck! Thanks dad for the great trip!

1 comment:

  1. awesome!! but i think i would get stuck in the crack in the wall with my baby belly. can we say claustrophobic?

    ReplyDelete