Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

January Trip to Southern Utah

It has been an unusually warm winter, and by unusually, I mean basically no snow. So we decided to take a long weekend and head to the Cedar City/Virgin/Zion area and take advantage of the 60* weather. We rolled into town late Friday night, got up and ran some errands for the weekend camping and ended up in Virgin in the early afternoon.  Jake's friends have a camping/mountain biking spot that they love to go to so we stayed there. I went for a road bike ride up the Kolob Terrace Road and holy crap it was hard.

We camped in Virgin that night and hung out with friends and had a great time.  The mountain bikers got some sweet biking in as you can see. 

Lori, Jake's Mom took us shooting and out to dinner while we were there as well. 

On Sunday we went into Zion National Park and rode around the emerald pools and up to the top.  It was great weather and Zion was as beautiful as usual. 

 



 This was a great trip for a mid winter lull.  I was so stoked to get on my bike twice in one weekend in the middle of January! I hope I can get down to Southern Utah again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment