Pole, Pedal, Paddle in Jackson Hole, WY
We headed to Jackson Hole late Friday night, crashed at a cheap motel and got up bright and early for the race. Pole, Pedal, Paddle is a race put on by the Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club. Learn more about it here (I'd recommend doing it, it was a blast. Next year I'm going to be dressed up like mad!). Forrest did the first leg, the downhill skiing at Teton Village. Christine was off second to do that skate-ski on the 10k route. Next it was my turn. I grabbed the bib, jumped on my bike and got on the road to do a 20 mile ride. My wheel was on backward so I had to stop and get it fixed but I was soon on my way. The ride was really pretty, even though it rained almost the whole time and I had that delightful dirt track up my butt and back. I handed the bib to Forrest and he was off in the kayak to do a 9 mile stretch on the Snake River. We jumped in the 4-runner and went to the finish line to cheer him on. Our team, The Frozen Beavers, (fondly named after our beloved ski resort) took last place in the co-ed section. Maybe we'll do better next year....
Needless to say, we had a blast. Later that night we spent time wandering around Teton Village, scarfing pizza, and listening to the live jams of G Love and Special Sauce with a billion other people. We headed home Sunday morning, tired but happy!
Between the downhill and crosscountry legs.
Doing my portion
Post ride, tired, but happy.
look how cool we are!
Jake and I at the finish line. He was supposed to kayak, but because of the knee (it really put a damper on things. And how about that stache?) he was there as moral support and photographer.
The team celebrating after the big 'win'. ;)
March 31





.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment