Memorial Day in Moab
Again, we packed up and headed down south for a weekend of adventure. We met up with Jack, Lori, Dusty, Forrest, Christine, and then Nick, Elle, Little Nicki, Nate and his girlfriend for some fabulous times. I got to the campsite Jake and Jack had staked out late Friday night after a lot of weekend traffic and a slight detour. The drive was exhausting. We slept hard, even though the wind was insane.
Setting up camp
All the toys!
The next day all we could do was drive - we dropped Jack and Dusty off at the top of a mountain to bike down. The wind was just out of control. We (Lori, Jake and I) were planning on an Arches National Park ride but we postponed and instead spent some time facing the wind on a little hike in the park and in an outdoor gear store in Moab and then wasted time that night until the wind calmed down. I was in charge of food for the weekend and people couldn't get enough of the chili that I made in the dutch oven.
Cycling in Arches National Park
Lori, me and Jake
The next day we hopped on our ride bikes for our 12 mile tour. Again we headed into the park, this time there was no wind, but the climbs were deceiving. We didn't' go far, but I felt like I got a great workout in. After that we tore down camp, and headed to the put in for the Colorado (Moab Daily) River. We packed the oar rig and the kayakers jumped in their boats as we floated/rafted down the river.
Boat captain Forrest, and Lori and I as passengers
We just spent one night on a riverside beach, but it reminded me of how much I like being on the river and spending time in such a unique and special place.
Lori, Dusty, me, Jake and Jack after packing up the car ready to get home.
I ended up getting a ride home in Jack's Subaru. That thing was PACKED TO THE HILT. I was amazed at how much stuff it takes for a fun filled weekend to actually happen. But hey, it was worth it. I'd recommend Moab to anyway. Just try to avoid it during long weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment