Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Washington- The Move

Utah-> Idaho -> Oregon ->Washington

Jake interviewed for a job on Tuesday, got it on Wednesday, bought a truck on Friday and we were on our way on Saturday.
He moved to Forks, WA to work for the Department of Fish and Wildlife for Washington State. He'll be marching around doing research and collecting data about the Juan de Fuca Watershed Complex (at least something like that).

I was terribly sad to see him go, but I'm also very excited about this sweet job and even cooler move. Maybe I'll end up there soon ;)

Our trip was event-less (which is what you want on the road). We spent the weekend camping in his bosses back yard in Olympia which is the capital of Washington. It's not my favorite place. We went to the coast and the rain forest and got to know the area a little bit. I flew home on Monday night but I can't wait to visit again.
The new truck - packed to the hilt.


On the road: Entering Oregon, and finally hitting something green - the Columbia River that separates Oregon and Washington. 

Getting to the coast- it was so cold!

The best fort I've ever seen

The Beach

The rainforest. We wandered up to Lake Quinalt that is on the edge of Olympia National Park and wandered around in the forest a little bit and saw some waterfalls and enjoyed the change of scenery.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment