Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Death Hollow

23 miles, three days, lost once and a whole lot of fun!

Just an overlook before we got to the trailhead.


Apparently we hiked on the 'old mail trail' and right through the Bolder "airport"...

Beginning of the trail. Or so we thought.


The mile 'detour'. This was a pretty stop right before we realized we were lost and turned around.

My mom and I

Just the landscape.

Cooking dinner, night one was my turn to plan and pack the meal. We had salmon pasta made with orzo pasta, fresh spinach, salmon packets, parmesan cheese and lemon. If you'd like to know more about my dinner visit recipe virgins!


Everyone enjoying dinner!

Doing dishes after it got dark. :(


If you look above my head you'll see a pile of rocks. The pile was bigger, but we pushed them off the side of the mountain...

Just another landscape shot - we were making memories.

Our first view of the canyon after dropping down.


This was our footwear for 2 days. Neoprene socks and chacos.

Just a pretty picture.... plus Jake.

One of the thousands of river crossings

Playing in the water. I fell in the water shortly after this, taking my camera with me. Needless to say, I had to let it dry out before using it again, and by that time we had reached camp for the night. Just imagine some really beautiful photos of me and some red rocks.



Orange pack = mine. I love it.

My family at the Escalante/Death Hollow confluence. Aren't they just so fun.

Escalante Natural Arch - Chalay and I in the last few miles on day three.

We made it to the finish line!

This was a really fun trip. We ate well, hiked a lot, and laughed even more. I wouldn't recommend this hike for the feint of heart seeing as it was a lot of bush whacking and water. We had to crawl under rock outcroppings and swim through chest high water with packs over our heads. I slept great, enjoyed cards, the stars and a full moon. I love to backpack, but I'm always glad to be back in my own bed!


1 comment:

  1. my goal in life: to be as adventurous as leezanna hill.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete