LoToJa - or as it is otherwise called Logan to Jackson is a 206 mile race done in one day through 3 different states. This year my friend Brad asked if I wanted to volunteer with him and since my weekends are meant for things like this, I of course, said yes!
We spent Friday night helping with registration for the 2000ish participants. Making sure they signed waivers, got their t-shirts and race numbers. We got up around 4 am on Saturday morning to help set up the start line and be line marshals, making sure no one started before they were supposed to. We headed out to follow the race/racers through Northern Utah, into Idaho and finally we stopped in Alpine, WY to help the relay racers transition. We headed to the finish line to help take it down. Finally around midnight, Brad and I headed to our accommodation. Can you say baller?! We stayed at Spring Creek Ranch in Jackson Hole. It was so nice. We had a two bedroom suite, and like a gentleman, Brad let me have the king bed with the fireplace. Needless to say, I slept great.
The next morning we helped with the awards ceremony, cleaning up the finish line and then had a great lunch with the other volunteers. Since I spent so much time helping with the event this year, Brett (the guy in charge) offered me a spot next year. I'm going to do it and I couldn't be more excited or nervous!!
No comments:
Post a Comment