Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wish 100

When I volunteered for LoToJa in September, I came across a flier for an all women's century ride in St. George Utah at the end of October. I didn't think much of it, but a few weeks later, I came across it and decided that I was going to do the ride and that I was going to try and raise money. I was especially interested because the ride was for the Make-A-Wish Foundation which is Chi Omega's national philanthropy.


I asked my sorority sisters, family and friends for donations for the Make-A-Wish foundation and ended up raising over $500. Thank you to everyone who donated!! I asked a friend from work to do the ride with me, so we headed south on Friday!

We picked up our packets, ate a pasta dinner and went to sleep as early as possible. On saturday morning we made our way to Unity Park in Ivins, Ut.



We got dressed, got our bikes ready...

Steph and I, just about ready to start the ride.

This is about 40 miles in. My mom was a great help, she drove ahead of us, and made sure we were on track. She carried our dirty clothes, gu's and extra water. Thanks Mom!!

The Wish 100 volunteers were great, we had wonderful rest stops and couldn't have asked for better weather.

We made it to the finish line with our seats in the saddle for about 6.5 hours.

We made it!! High Fives were in order.



I was excited to represent Chi Omega at the ride!

Me and my mom after the ride - we got to the hotel, jumped in the pool, showered and finished the day off watching Thriller at Tuacahn.


Sunday we drove home and called it a great weekend! Check out the website for more info : http://wish100utah.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment