Before I moved back to Utah I made it a point to get to Austin to visit the famous city and see my friend Laura.
Josh and I planned an excursion to Austin for my final days there and for his 26th birthday. Our drive to Austin was pretty easy and we got to the city park on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone and their dogs (literally all the dogs in the city) were there. We checked out the pools and the park and then met up with Laura and headed to trivia at a local co-op restaurant!
 |
| Hanging out at the park |
The next morning we headed to Magnolia Cafe for breakfast.
After Magnolia Cafe we walked up and down South Congress street checking out the sites.
 |
| A famous Coffee shop on South Congres |
 |
| We spent an hour or more in "Uncommon Objects" browsing all the uncommon objects! |
On South Congress we went into Uncommon Objects and to a really cool costume shop. There were lots of cool vintage and boutique shops to browse.
 |
| The iconic 'Greetings from Austin' wall. |
After South Congress we headed to the State Capitol for a tour. The building was really cool and had all kinds of history that went with it.
 |
| I'm a child in interactive museums.. |
 |
| Waiting for our Capitol Tour |
 |
| One of my favorite things about the Capitol building was the 8lb hinges made especially for the building. |
In the afternoon we visited University of Texas and to end Josh's birthday we ate some Thai food.
The next day we tried to go swimming, but the pools were closed so we made our way to the Green Mesquite for some great bar-be-que.
 |
| Delicious Texas bar-be-que and beer! |
 |
| Add some sauce! |
 |
| Thanks Laura for a great visit to Austin! |
On the way back to Anna we stopped at these really cool caves that went miles underneath the interstate and I faced my fears. I think that Austin is about the only place in Texas worth visiting and would recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and creative place to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment