Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Moving back to Utah

While finishing up my two weeks at CCAC, I prepared for my journey (yes, a journey because it took two days) back to Utah. I got up and left early on a Thursday morning, driving through Dallas morning traffic and into west Texas. I saw my FIRST armadillo, although it was dead, and piles of snow in Amarillo, TX. I also saw the google maps car. Pretty cool .

Day one I made it all the way to Albuquerque. It reminded me a lot of Utah. A desert oasis in a mountain valley. I slept in the worst bed of my life at a really sketchy $20 a night hostel. I ate dinner at a place recommended by a co-worker. It was pretty good and it was near campus, so that was cool. My hostel roommate was probably 65 and I was scared for my bike the whole night. I got up bright and early... around 4:45 so I was on the road by 5 a.m. 

Day two started in the dark and by the time I was good and on the road I was running out of gas. I pulled up my gas station app, went about 15 miles out of the way looking for a station that had been closed. I turned around and headed back, praying my car would make it to a casino I'd seen a while back, in the middle of the desert. Luckily I made it, barely. After that I was on the road again without a hitch.  As I entered Colorado, I became delirious and nearly lost my voice from singing so loudly. 

Entering New Mexico
Frontier Restaurant in Albuquerque 



A rock in the middle of either New Mexico or somewhere in Colorado.

I finally made it to Ogden, where I met with my property management agency and rented a house! I met up with my parent, rode home and slept in Orem, packed up my stuff and moved into my apartment on Jefferson and 21st street! 

Front room. 

Front room

Bedroom

HUGE kitchen

More HUGE Kitchen

Skinny Bathroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment